Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Quest For Nar

I've got a guest writer today.  Butterfly is going to write about a small part of our adventures today.

The Quest For Nar!!
This evening, towards the end of a nice dinner at Simit Sarayi, I decided I wanted some nar to have with my breakfast the next day. Nar is the Turkish word for Pomegranate. So I got Dad and Mike to join with me on the quest for nar! And we were off, in search of the perfect nar (or any nar, really). Just around the corner, I spotted some nice looking ones. But that place was only for making nar juice, so we continued on. We passed 5 or 6 places like this. Then finally, after an all around 30 min. walk we reached an outdoor market with veggies, fruit, and fish of all kinds. And then I saw it. The perfect nar!! The man gave me a large sample which I enjoyed, so we purchased a lovely yellowish nar. I walked back to the place we were staying very happy. I am now feasting upon the perfect nar, I couldn't wait until breakfast. But there is some left over for breakfast. 

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought Facebook had cut off the word 'Narnia'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE NAR! Although it probably wouldn't sell very well here if we called it that.

    ReplyDelete