Monday, July 21, 2014

So, How Was Your Trip?


This is a question I love, and dread.  I love chances to talk about what's happened.  I love letting people who are interested get a glimpse into what I've seen and how God was working.  I dread the awkwardness of going into details and then realizing someone was asking to be polite.  In either case there's never enough time to go into all the details and I have to guess what that person is interested in.  It's like me saying, "What's in this picture?"

Some people will say, "It looks like some sort of shop."  Others might be drawn to speculate about what the men are talking about.  Even still others may have their eyes drawn to the lamps,  or tea sets.  No matter what you do though, unless you're talking for an hour, you will miss a detail.  If it takes that long to just describe one picture, how can I describe over two weeks worth of experiences?  Nevertheless, I try.  I try to guess what gets people excited, or at least what keeps people interested. Someone once said, "When you speak be inspirational.  If you can't be inspirational, be funny.  If you can't be funny, keep it short."


No comments:

Post a Comment