Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tour Wrap Up


The end of each tour is always a mix of emotions. This tour is no exception.

Our final full show, meaning we set up the entire sound system and rocked the party, was in the center of Peja. We set up on a well traveled walking street and as soon as we got the sound system up and running people came over to see what was going on. Something about the system set up there just felt so good. The bass was shaking the ground and the highs were heard far and wide. Overall the performance was amazing, but every now and then I got bummed out that this was our last show of the tour.

The next day was another amazing day in Kosovo. We drove up through Rugova Canyon. I love any chance to get out into nature and especially if I can get up into the mountains. The mountains near Peja are beautiful and no picture can do justice for the feeling you get from being in the middle of them. The river was fresh and cold and the cliff faces were awe inspiring. It was an incredibly refreshing time and a perfect way to close out the tour of Kosovo. I was disappointed when we had to leave to do our follow-up event. Rest assured, however that God had more refreshing in store.


Our follow-up event was a backyard barbecue at a friend's house. This friend was from the US and his yard showed it. The ground was smooth and the grass was soft. It was the perfect place to lay and listen to the acoustic set we did that night. Our host was a great addition to the music with his cello. Combine that with the smell of the barbecue and top it off with people getting to talk to our new friends from the concert the night before, and you've got yourself a wonderful evening.

Goodbyes were said to our friends in Kosovo and I made the drive with two others back to Istanbul. As I write this I'm sitting in a friends apartment in Istanbul and having it confirmed in my mind that this is where my heart is. The sounds, the smells, the sights all combined with the needs here and my God granted ability to meet those needs convinces me time and time again that I love Turkey and the work I can do here. I'm not talking about the, “I just vacationed in Hampton beach and I loved it,” kind of love. This is the kind of love that is connected with God's heart for a people. This love cries out, “be reconciled to God” and is willing to get dirty to make sure people hear that message.

No comments:

Post a Comment