Friday, June 10, 2011

First Time Out

I never thought I'd do it, but here I am.  I've created a blog.  I was thinking about my upcoming trip to Kosovo next week and realized I needed a forum for getting news out that wasn't Facebook.  By creating a blog now anyone, with or without a Facebook account can read updates without receiving a glut of e-mails. 

So for those of you out there praying for me, here are some important dates.  June 17th I fly out of Albany, NY.  June 18th I arrive in Istanbul.  The 19th will be spent preparing the truck and equipment for the drive to Kosovo.  I'm always interested to see how my body will react to the time change.  It's rarely the same thing twice.  The 18th and 19th will be the days I have for my body to adjust.  On June 20th I will be getting in our equipment truck to drive 12hours to Kosovo.  We're planning on the border crossings taking a while and have scheduled an overnight into the drive.  This means that the truck will arrive the same day as the band members and dancers do in Pristina, Kosovo, the 21st.  The 22nd starts our rehearsals and we're off!

I will take any opportunity I get to keep this updated, but I'm sure you can imagine everything in those 5 days that needs to be prayed for.  The logistics alone can get mind boggling.  I do want to mention specifically that much of the team will be meeting each other for the first time on the 21st in the midst of what is an exciting and stressful situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment